Expressing Christ’s love by serving all, regardless of caste, religion, gender, or socioeconomic status.
To establish and operate a non-profit medical clinic, in the name of Christ, to serve the village of Chiluvuru, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Menno-Clinic, India will carry out our motto and our purpose through the following threefold strategy: presence, service and proclamation.
We will build relationships of respect, trust, compassion, and understanding with all people we encounter.
- We will view all people as created by God and loved by God.
- We will seek first to understand rather than to be understood.
- We will employ a careful system of checks and balances so that integrity and trust are not called into question.
We will work with, eat with, and share with all people regardless of religion or caste.
- We will treat others and speak of others with respect and compassion.
- We will not intentionally offend or speak ill of others and if we find we have done so unintentionally we will seek forgiveness.
We will seek to develop relationships with the various Christian groups in the village, walking with them as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- We will offer our perspectives and gifts as followers of Christ from an Anabaptist/Mennonite perspective.
- We will learn from their experiences of following Christ and seeking to be faithful to God.
We will live as servants among the people of the village.
- We will seek to offer service that has long term impact as well as meeting short term needs.
- We will not seek to be served by others.
We will graciously receive gifts of service offered to us.
- We will receive any service offered to us as a gift not as an expectation or obligation.
We will seek to respond to the medical needs of the village of Chiluvuru initially focusing on outpatient needs, immunizations, ambulatory services and health education.
We will seek to be aware of other needs of the village to which we can appropriately respond.
- We will share our faith with those who ask why we are present and serving in the village.
- By word and deed we will proclaim the love and grace exemplified by our LordJesus Christ.
- We will welcome all who wish to join us on the journey of following Christ.
- We will instruct new believers, seeking to raise up local leadership in followers of Christ.